Sport Northern Ireland’s Every Body Active 2020 Small Grants programme
Sports Development Capital Grant Scheme
Ards and North Down Borough Council recognises the need for Capital Investment into our Sports Clubs and Facilities, in order to improve the quality of provision and sporting experiences for people living within the Borough.
The Sports Development Capital Scheme is available for capital expenditure, i.e. facilities and/or equipment. ‘Capital Expenditure’ is defined as expenditure for technical assistance and/or purchase, improvement, restoration and construction of an asset directly related to the applicant organisation. The Council has set aside £50,000 for 2018/2019 financial year and can award up to 50% of eligible capital costs with a maximum award of £5,000 in respect of any one project.
The grant has two tranches in the year, each worth £25,000.
Grant applications will be open during the following periods:
Tranche 1 Monday 1st April 2019 – Friday 26th April 2019 at 4pm
Applications will be assessed week beginning Monday 29th April 2019. Notification to sports clubs will be in June following Council ratification.
Please note that if there is an underspend in Tranche 1, funds will roll into tranche 2, and the Council may consider awarding grants of more than £5,000
Tranche 2 Monday 5th August 2019 – Friday 30th August 2019 at 4pm
Applications will be assessed week beginning Monday 2nd September 2019. Notification to sports clubs will be in October following Council ratification.
Sports Clubs applying for a grant must:
- Operate within the Ards and North Down Borough.
- The application organisation must provide sporting activities recognised by Sport Northern Ireland through the UK Sports Council’s recognition policy and be affiliated to a recognised governing body.
- The Sports Club is engaged at amateur level.
- The Sports Club must be able to provide evidence that they are Charity or CASC registered/started the process or evidence of exemption.
- The Sports Club must be able to provide evidence that they are Clubmark registered/started the process.
- The Sports Club must be currently affiliated to the Ards and North Down Sports Forum.
Find guidelines and applications forms below
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sports Development, Londonderry Park, Newtownards BT23 8SG
- Contact Sports Development on 0300 013 3333 ext 40253
Please note that all projects and spend (including submission of all required evidence E.G. receipts/bank statements/reports etc) MUST BE completed and returned no later than 13th March 2020