- See our Covid-19 page for the latest updates for leisure
- Outdoor pitches to open from Monday 29 June
- Take part in our online Exercise at Home classes including Macmillan Move More
- Every Body Active videos for classes and activities to keep active at home
- Enjoy Solo Bike Rides with AXA Community Bike Rides
Sports Development works in partnership with local schools, sports clubs, governing bodies of sport and Sport Northern Ireland to promote and develop sport and physical activity throughout the Borough of Ards and North Down
Sports Development aims to build strong and stable quality clubs, develop the coaching and administrative infrastructure and to create opportunities for individuals to participate in sporting activities from "beginner" to international level, while recognising the important role that Sport and an Active lifestyle play in enhancing Quality of life and promoting health and well-being within the community.
The department supports and advises clubs, community groups and athletes in accessing and identifying funding to help with areas such as equipment, coach education, capital development and our sports forum grant that supports local sporting talent.
Sports Development Projects
The programme aims to create a structured approach to the development of football in the borough. It provides Grassroots football through courses.
The Every Body Active 2020 four year lottery funded programme, aims to get people more active more often through sport and physical activity.