- Our centres are now closed - View the latest details on our Leisure during Covid-19 page
We have a wide range of facilities, activities and courses available to juniors across our sites in Ards, Comber and Portaferry.
The best way to maintain a healthy lifestyle is to build fitness into your normal routine.
The earlier you start to make it a habit and something natural to do, the better. We believe in starting on the road to wellbeing early. Our gyms in Ards, Comber and Portaferry provide safe, supervised opportunities for young people aged 11 to 15 years to enjoy their fitness.
Whether training for a sports team or specific challenge, advised to tackle weight for health reasons or simply enjoy exercising, we have something at all our gyms to suit.
Juniors Using the Gym
- Juniors must be aged 11 to 15 years old and have a Fitness and Spa, Fitness or Child add on membership with us to use our gyms.
- All new members must have an induction before using the gym during which an adult must be present.
- Junior members can use the gym at any time during opening hours when accompanied by an adult, 18 years or over, who is also a fitness member. At Portaferry juniors may use the gym without an accompanying adult.
- Junior members who cannot be accompanied by an adult fitness member must use the gym at Junior Friendly Gym session times.
During these sessions our instructors will be on hand to give guidance and advice and set special workouts for juniors to follow if they wish.
Please note: adult members are allowed to train during the Junior Friendly Gym sessions.
Information on using the gym post lockdown and how to make a booking:
|Junior Friendly Gym sessions|
|Sessions are for 45 minutes|
Ards and Comber 5pm
Ards 2pm and 3pm
Comber 12 noon
Ards 2pm and 3pm
|Portaferry - Juniors may use the gym during normal centre opening hours.|
Classes and Courses
We have a number of classes and courses available to juniors across our sites.
From Trampolining to Kayaking, Family Group Cycle to Yoga we have something to suit all tastes.
For details on current classes and courses suitable for juniors, click on the relevant link below.